14TH ANNUAL BUSINESS LUNCHEON
TECHNOLOGY, INNOVATION AND THE LAW
CHALLENGES, POTENTIALS AND POSSIBILITIES IN THE NIGERIAN LEGAL LANDSCAPE
9th December, 2021
About the 14th SPA Ajibade Annual Business Luncheon
S. P. A. Ajibade & Co. is set to hold her 14th Annual Business Luncheon.
The Law Firm of SPA Ajibade will be holding the 14th Edition of it’s signature Annual Business Luncheon on Thursday, 9th of December, 2021.
Introduced in 2008, the Annual Business Luncheon (ABL) is an S. P. A. Ajibade & Co. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) event directed at highlighting contemporary issues affecting the legal profession in Nigeria, with intent on assisting in identifying workable and practical solutions to these problems.
The theme of the 2021 Annual Business Luncheon (#SPAACOABL2021) is: “Technology, Innovation and The Law: Challenges, Potentials and Possibilities in the Nigerian Legal Landscape”; and in furtherance of enhancing legal practice beyond boundaries, the 2021 edition would be focusing on the future of the law by maximising “Technology and Innovation” for the deployment and development of law in general – dispute resolution, the judiciary, alternative dispute resolution, governance & thought leadership and legal practice business, to mention but a few.
The #SPAACOABL2021 will draw on foreign/International experiences and perspectives in analysing our local engagement so far; as we craft a framework for the future of law with the reality of Technology and Innovation in Nigeria.
Competition Rules/Guidelines for submission
1. The Competition is open to lawyers between 1-7 years post-call excluding staff of SPA Ajibade & Co.
2. Participants are to write an Essay between 1000 to 2000 words on the topic “The Practical Application of Technology to Modern Law Practice in Nigeria vis-a-vis The Nigerian Legal System : A LegalTech Analysis” citing a currently existing or future legal technology and then marrying it with the Nigerian Legal System, and providing practical ways in which they can be used in Nigeria.
3. Participants shall, in addition to the essay, make a 1-minute video summarising the Essay. Videos must have a premise, argument and closing remark.
4. The video is to be posted on Instagram, tagging @spa_ajibade, and using the hashtag #SPAACOABL2021
5. The essay and link to video must be forwarded to email@example.com
6. Entries must be made no later than 12 midnight of November 30, 2021.
The winner will be announced during the Luncheon which will take place on Thursday 9th December, 2021. All participants are encouraged to register and attend.
1. Full sponsorship for one certificate-earning vocational course with any of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb); the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSAN); or the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
2. Brand new laptop with LawPavillion, All Appeal Court Reports and LegalPedia Installed.
FROM PREVIOUS SESSIONS
RECORDING OF 2020 SESSION
OPINION POLL ON REGULATING LAWYERS' FEES
SELECT BELOW TO VIEW PHOTOS
CONNECT WITH US