13TH ANNUAL (VIRTUAL) BUSINESS LUNCHEON
THE PROS, CONS AND CHALLENGES OF ESTABLISHING AND ENFORCING A SCALE OF CHARGES FOR LEGAL SERVICES IN NIGERIA
3rd December, 2020
13th Annual BUSINESS LUNCHEON
About the 13th SPA Ajibade Annual Business Luncheon
S. P. A. Ajibade & Co. is set to hold her 13th Annual Business Luncheon.
Themed “The Pros, Cons and Challenges of Establishing and Enforcing a Scale of Charges for Legal Services in Nigeria,” this year’s event proposes to address the burning issue of professional fees for Nigerian lawyers.
The event will hold on 3rd December, 2020.
Since her maiden edition in 2008 with the theme “Globalisation and the Challenges of Practicing Law as a Business – a View from the West”, the S. P. A. Ajibade & Co. Annual Business Luncheon has grown to be an important part of the legal calendar.
This year’s event will be virtual and will include an essay competition with exciting prizes to be won, as well as opinion polls to assess attendees’ views, amongst other things.
This event is one every lawyer should look forward to attending.
MEET THE SPEAKERS
The Pros, Cons, and Challenges of Establishing and Enforcing a Scale of Charges for Legal Services in Nigeria
- Entries are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 25/11/20. Late and hardcopy submissions will not be accepted.
- Submissions must be in one MS Word document (No PDFs) and include a title page with the title of the essay, author’s name and contact information (phone number and email address) and a 100-word (or less) biography.
- Essays must be submitted in English, must not exceed 1500 words (excluding title page, endnotes and bibliography), should be submitted with numbered pages, and double-spaced using Arial, 11-point font.
- Essays must be original and not previously published.
- Entrants are to submit only one entry. Co-authorship is not permitted.
- Essays will be judged based on clarity of expression, spelling, and grammar, originality of thought, depth of analysis, relevance to industry, and conformity to contest rules.
- The winner shall be announced during the Annual Business Luncheon on 3rd December 2020.
Note: This contest is open only to individuals qualified to practice law in Nigeria.
- The author of the best entry shall be awarded full sponsorship for one certificate earning course with any of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb); the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSAN); or the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
Memories From Previous Edition